How do I get started?

First, you will prepare a Notice of Small Claim form that is provided by the clerk. You are required to sign the Notice in the presence of the clerk unless otherwise instructed by the court. On the Notice form, a hearing date will be entered by the clerk. It is the plaintiff's responsibility to accurately identify the defendant, provide a proper address, and, if possible, provide a phone number.

Show All Answers

1. Who can be sued?
2. How much does it cost?
3. How do I get started?
4. How does the notice get served?
5. What if we settle?
6. How do I prepare for the trial?
7. What happens at the trial?
8. What happens if my opponent does not appear for the trial?
9. How do I collect my money?
10. Can you appeal a case if you lose?