I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?

If you have medical bills or funeral expenses resulting from a crime, Crime Victims Compensation Program may cover expenses not covered by your insurance company, including deductibles and co-pays. Generally speaking, you are responsible to pay most other bills. If a defendant is found guilty, he or she could be ordered to pay restitution to you and/or your insurance company. In order to have restitution ordered, you must provide the Victim/Witness Unit with a summary and receipts for your losses.

Show All Answers

1. Will I have to testify?
2. Can I drop the charges?
3. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
4. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
5. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
6. I gave a statement to law enforcement. Why do I have to be interviewed?
7. Can someone attend the interview with me?
8. Will the defendant go to prison or jail?
9. Can I contact the defendant?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How could the defendant plead "not guilty?" I saw him do it/He confessed.
12. Can I obtain restitution for things such as pain, suffering, and mental anguish?
13. What is a protection order? How can I get one?
14. How do I know when and where to go to court?