How do I obtain court records and copies of legal documents?

For court records of divorce, probate, criminal history, or civil lawsuits, contact The Franklin County Clerk's office at 509-545-3525. Records may be viewed at the Clerk's Office.

For certificates of marriage, contact the Franklin County Auditor's office at 509-545-3536. View the Franklin County Auditor page.

For birth or death certificates, contact the Benton /Franklin County Health Department at 509-547-9737 or 509-460-4200. Visit the Benton/Franklin Health District website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain court records and copies of legal documents?
2. When and where is my court appointment?
3. Where do I file a civil case, such as divorce or small claims?
4. I've been summoned for jury duty. What is my term of service? Where do I report? Can I be excused?
5. How do I get an attorney? Can I qualify for a public defender or other legal assistance?
6. How do I get married at the courthouse?
7. How do I restore Firearm Rights?
8. What is the phone number for Franklin County District Court?
9. What is the phone number for the Pasco Municipal Court?
10. How do I contact other Franklin County government agencies?
11. What are the Myths and Misperceptions About the Washington Courts?