Franklin County is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory basis.
"Reasonable accommodation" means modification or adjustment to a job, work environment, work process, employment policies, training, benefits, employer-sponsored activities, or the pre-employment process that does not impose an undue hardship on the department's operation and that enables a:
- A person with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity
- A person with a disability to perform essential job functions
"Person with a disability" means a person:
- With a physical, mental, or sensory impairment that substantially limits the person in some major life activity, e.g., breathing, walking, and talking; or
- With a record of such a physical, mental or sensory impairment; or
- Who is regarded as having such a physical, mental, or sensory impairment
Franklin County will provide reasonable accommodation for persons of disability and ensure against discrimination because of a person's disability. Franklin County encourages candidates and employees with disabilities to request accommodations, when needed, for testing; recruitment; the interview process; or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment.
The County shall provide reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees with a disability so they may enjoy the benefits, rights, and privileges of equal employment opportunities afforded to other candidates and employees consistent with applicable laws and regulations governing county employees.
The need for reasonable accommodation shall not adversely affect a person's consideration for employment or the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of employment.
Making a Request for Accommodation
If you require accommodation in the recruitment process or an alternate format of application materials, contact the Human Resources Department at 509-546-5813.