Appeal of Valuation

A property owner who feels that an error has been made in valuing his or her property should call the Assessor's office at 509-545-3506 and talk to an appraiser.

The appraiser will examine the valuation of the property and may initiate further review. If still not satisfied, the property owner may appeal the valuation to the Franklin County Board of Equalization at 509-546-3351. Appeal forms must be submitted by July 1st or within 30 days of the date the valuation notice was mailed.

The appeal process does not require an attorney, but proof that the Assessor's value is incorrect is required. Property sales information is available for examination any time during our normal business hours.

Decisions of the Board of Equalization may be appealed to the State Board of Tax Appeals. Generally a hearing examiner can hear Board of Tax Appeals cases in Pasco, although an appellant may request that his or her case be presented to the full Board in Olympia.