Clerk Facilitator

The Clerk Facilitator will assist with the following types of cases:

The Clerk Facilitator cannot assist people with:

  • Adoptions
  • Juvenile Dependency
  • Wills
  • Evictions
  • Traffic Citations
  • Guardianships
  • Bankruptcy
  • Probate
  • Name Change
  • Criminal Charges
  • Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QUADRO) for retirement accounts

Services available from the Clerk's Facilitator:

  • Information on how to start certain family law actions
  • Information on what legal forms are needed
  • Preparation of case specific legal documents
  • Review of client paperwork for completeness
  • Information on court rules, procedures & case schedules
  • Information on other court and community resources
  • Assistance in scheduling court hearings
  • Computation of child support

Ways to Obtain Facilitator Services

The Clerk's Facilitator is seen by appointment. Appointments must be scheduled in person at the Superior Court Clerk's Office.


The cost is $35.00 payable at the time the appointment is made.  Fees are non-refundable. You may reschedule one time within 24 hours of your first scheduled appointment. Modifications or other types of cases will also require payment of the $35.00 facilitator fee when the appointment is made.

Program Location

Franklin County Superior Court Clerk's Office
Franklin County Courthouse
1016 N 4th Avenue Room B306
Pasco, WA 99301


Excerpt from Washington State Court Rule GR 27(d, e and f):

Family Law Courthouse Facilitators shall, whenever reasonably practical, obtain a written and signed disclaimer of attorney- client relationship, attorney-client confidentiality and representation from each person utilizing the services of the Family Law Courthouse Facilitator. The prescribed disclaimer shall be in the format developed by the Administrative Office of the Courts. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, by implication or by inference, between a Family Law Courthouse Facilitator providing basic services under this rule and the users of Family Law Courthouse Facilitator Program services. Family law courthouse facilitators providing basic services under this rule are not engaged in the unauthorized practice of law. Upon a courthouse facilitator's voluntary or involuntary termination from a courthouse facilitator program, that person is no longer a courthouse facilitator providing services pursuant to RCW 26.12.240 or this Rule. [Adopted effective September 1, 2002.]

How to Prepare for Your Appointment

For dissolution of Marriage/Legal Separation Cases

  • If property has not be previously divided and you would like it addressed by the Court, please prepare a complete list of your property and other assets. This may include, but is not limited to: real estate (include addresses and parcel numbers), automobiles and other vehicles (include make, model and VIN numbers), bank accounts (include bank name, balance and account numbers), stock and bonds (list details), retirement accounts (list details), life insurance polices with a cash value (list account number and value), inheritances, household items, jewelry and any other asset you possess. If you or your spouse had separately owned property, be sure to list those items on a separate sheet of paper. If you know how you want the property divided under the terms of the dissolution, prepare a second list with two headings, "Husband" and "Wife" at the top. Under each heading list the items to be awarded to each of you.
  • Prepare a complete list of your debts and liabilities (with creditor and last 4 digits of the account number), which includes mortgages, loans for automobiles and other vehicles, credit card accounts, and any other type of loan or debt owed by you and your spouse. The balances should be as of the date of separation. All debt incurred during the marriage and prior to the date of separation, regardless of whose name is listed on the account, is considered community debt for purposes of the dissolution documents. Please make a complete list and do not assume an account is separate if it is listed in one name only. It must be listed on the dissolution documents. Also prepare a second list with two headings, "Husband" and "Wife" at the top. Under each heading list the debts you want to be responsible for and the debts you want to be the responsibility of your spouse. If you believe there are separate debts, kindly list those items on a separate piece of paper. An example of a separate debt is an account in your name only that did not gain in principal during the marriage (is student loan).
  • Be prepared to provide your income information and that of your spouse. I will need your gross monthly income and deductions from your paycheck. Also, please bring information concerning child support paid for children from previous relationships. NOTE: Please make your lists as legible as possible on 8.5 inches by 11 inches plain white paper. Typed is preferred, buy neatly handwritten lists are acceptable.

For paternity Cases

Bring in your copy of the Affidavit of Paternity signed at the hospital at the time of the child's birth. If your child was born after July 1, 1997 and you do not have a copy of the affidavit, you may request a certified copy by sending your request along with a copy of your picture identification and a check or money order for $35.00 to the following address:

Center for Health Statistics
PO Box 9709
Olympia, WA 98504-9709

Or, if paternity was established in a parentage/child support action in another county, please obtain a certified copy of the Judgment and Order Determining Parentage from that file.

For Modification Cases

For Child Support: Bring in a copy of your most recent child support order.

For Parenting Plans: Bring in a copy of your most recent parenting plan.

Either document can be obtained from the Superior Court Clerk's Office where the order was entered. A deputy clerk will make copies for you at a cost of $.50 per page.